Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bali 2011= Day 3 Beach walk, Shoes ordered, Clothes

Thursday- 2nd full day
Awake at 5.10am. Body isn’t really getting the idea that you are supposed to sleep in. Still it means it is peaceful. I can explore as soon as it’s light. By myself maybe. I wait until 6, fussing around and then fog up ( spray mosquito deterent) and wander out to the roadside. Everything is covered up at the coffee shop and it’s al;most cool.  Lovely, perfect. I head back to the room, switch on mobile phones so I can contact hubby incase of dramas, explain that I’m heading to the beach. He says he’ll come tomorrow if I say it’s nice today. By 6.30 I’m heading down the small roadway towards the beach. Camera at the ready. Can’t focus particularily well. Still getting used to the idea of wearing bi focal glasses and using an SLR.  It’s quite tricky. I have a few successful shots but more failures than successes. I’ll try again later.  I had been worried about dogs as last year I heard comments that there were a few dogs in the lane although we didn’t see any then. But there are none. I make it to the beach and wander down to the small stone pier? Sit down and try a few shots. I suspect they are out of focus. There is a lady on the beach with a puppy. It is on a lead.. A little bit closer is a black dog with a collar and lots of tags in evidence. No others.  I take a few snaps.  The  black dog comes over to sniff my bag, I guess for food.  I ignore it and it wanders off.  It has gone to play with the puppy which has been let off to play.  It has a red collar and a few dog tag. I notice the woman doesn’t seem concerned at all about the dog.  It certainly looked healthy enough.





  I think I’ve manage to txt hubby that I’m on my back from the beach. We really need to work out these cheap phones.
 I try for a few more shots.  One will be lovely if it is in focus.  I try for a few artistic shots looking up at a carving and end up with water up my nose. Ergh.
Back to the room. Time for a cappuccino and then we’ll wake the boys for breakfast.

After a quite cappucino with Hubby  we have breakfast. I love the marmalade they give hubby with his eggs/tomato/toast breakfast. I wonder if I have just toast if that is the "jam" I would get.
Eldest is getting grumpy as we are having trouble connecting to the free wireless and I'm getting a bit grumpy because he keeps borrowing my iphone which is still connecting fine. ( we discovere later that the password is not what we though, which is odd as I had put in the old password for my phone and it connected.) They seem to have boosted the signal and it shows up as two different wireless connections when you go to find the wireless signal.

After breakfast we head back to the room for a short lie down and to get organised.. My right knee is still giving me a bit of trouble from the fall  at Hardys yesterday. Hopefully some painkillers will help.
Then it's time to wander down the road and grab a taksi to the Bali Pub which I figured was somewhere  the drivers would know and which is close to Jinggo Leather. and some friends. We stop and bargain for a few fedora type hats for son  and friends.4 hats later ( 200, 000 rp)
Boss man is there. at the Leather shop.Yippee as his english is reasonable. He gets his offsider to measure eldest and we discuss his shoes to be made, make an arrangement to have his old pair repaired which he says he can do and then I organise some boots for myself. I have pictures.  I seem to have ordered 2 pairs. I hope they are good. I'm nervous as 20 years ago when I last had shoes made in Bali they weren't such a success despite the shoe maker being brilliant at jackets .also have a good reputation for making shoes. My killer, large, wide feet weren't something they were so used to back then.    Hopefully this time we'll be ok. Sons shoes will be ready Saturday and mine Sunday so we've agree to collect all on Sunday night. Plenty of time if corrections need to be made,
Meanwhile Hubby and youngest have wandered down the road to Sunrise 2  a DVD/music/games shop to look for some dvds to watch. All to keep the boys entertained if we want to wander out without them in the afternoons.Though this year with cable in the rooms there are 60 channels for them to watch anyway. Youngest has a book or two, plus they both have DS's. And then there is cake  waiting in the coffee shop always waiting for them if they want out of the room, or the pool.Eldest and I finish at the leather shop and head to the dvd place via Hardys once more. He wants more coke and I want a quick peek in the dvd shop within the Hardys building and then we join the others at Sunrise.60 dvd's later we are done.  some music but mostly movies. The girls have ruled out a few as poor quality and replaced them with the "just in" better versions.  So far the boys have played a few and only found one that doesn't work well.
Then its back to the room to cool off and have some lunch.
No surprises there, eldest and Hubby have the fish and chips which as usual looks delicious ( decent sized serve) , youngest sticks to a large plate of chips and I have the peanut satay. small but well and truely enough.
 We stay and have coffee afterwards while the boys head back to the rooms to settle in for the afternoon.
Nap and book time.
Power goes out and on protest from the boys we decide it's time for our afternoon stroll. Hubby goes to see about the power while I get organised. When he returns the power has also returned. So it was only off for a short time..
Hubby and I go out for a stroll. He's looking for Billabong t-shrts but there doesn't seem to be any around.
Eventually he finds 3 and the best he can bargain for is 220,000. Later on our walk we ask at another store and they make a call and return with some but this time refuse to go below 100,000 each. Hubby won't budge on these as last year they were 50-60,000 each. 
I hunt down "Maria Collection" where i purchased some shirts and 3/4 pants last year. I find one pair in black.  no other colours atm. BUt some next week according to the man who was there insitead of Maria.  Fixed price shop. 135, 000.  Couldn't really push for a price cut since I was only buying one pair.

We head back to the Gardenia for coffee and cake. :) chocolate for Hubby Lemon Meringue for me. It looks lovely but doesn't have any lemon bite to it. I think I prefer the icecream that came with it but Hubby and the boys always love the chocolate cake. Back to the room, we are really feeling the heat now. There is someone in the pool reading. Boys tell us the power has been out for ages. but it comes back on while I'm grabbing my bathers.  The pool is lovely. Not cold but still refreshing. Eventually at 6.30 I'm prompted to get out for tea. Besides it's starting to feel a bit chilly! Hubby and I are determined to return to the Trophy Pub for enchalatas but weren't impressed with the boys food portions the night before. The boys voted for food at the Gardenia. Eldest had, yes, you guessed it. Fish and chips, and we managed to talk teh youngest into a chicken snitzel which smelt wonderful and which we convinced him to let us try. Very nice. On the list for tomorrow.
We had coffee while they ate. Then boys settled back in the room HUbby and I wandered down to the Trophy Pub for our meal. Meal took a long while to come but was worth the wait. around 181, 000 for two serves of 2 chicken encaladas with mexican rice and some crispy veggies. plus a sprite and 2 sml bintangs. Yum.
Time to wander back to the room to recover/rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment